UniFix Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tekkit for the server

4 posters

Go down

tekkit for the server Empty tekkit for the server

Post  xaphan6669 Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 pm

xaphan6669

Back to top Go down

tekkit for the server Empty Re: tekkit for the server

Post  theCROWcook Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm

this this this a million times this

its so expansive it feels as if im playing minecraft for the first time again

theCROWcook

Back to top Go down

Post  AStrongerFellow Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:53 pm

This would add a lot on to this server. While I think it is fun, there is no PVP, no danger, and ultimately since building is the only thing that can be done here, this would be a nice addition. I would highly suggest you look into this Digger, it would bring in many people and would definitely boost the server's lack of excitement.

AStrongerFellow

Back to top Go down

tekkit for the server Empty This is difficult.

Post  Superiordigger Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:48 pm

while I agree that it is expansive and the lack of excitement in the server is showing, I just feel this is such a huge move. it gives power to the people who have spout and those who dont will not understand. it changes everything the server was built off of and worked for (survival and vanilla). we made this server to help people socialize and create while keeping that same minecraft feeling. It is a huge change that could possibly harm the server and the balance of power set in place.
Superiordigger
Superiordigger
Admin

https://unifix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  theCROWcook Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:53 am

well for one digger your server is far from vanilla to begin with. we have warps, we have multi worlds, we have economy, ect. and yes this is quite the undertaking and a major upgrade ive been playing with this for the past couple weeks (ever since you know what which incidentally led me to read around here and find tekkit) WTF_Hanson set up a server on his computer and us and a couple other friends have been playing on it since and love every moment of it.

as for the balance of power thing i *think* i know what youre getting at but not quite sure. if it is what i think it is youre referring to peoples skill at minecraft and this adds in no problem it will stay the same and possibly help people. the way it is now if youre good at redstone you get to make all the traps and get all the drops. if you know your mechanics you can exploit the spawning patters to make slime caves , ect if you want to be good at tekkit you will spend the time to learn it, if you just want to play as normal you can plus all the extra ores ad in more things to barter with thereby upping the economy. Equivalent exchange provides a hardcore set way to measure items value. right now i can make (with my energy collectors and condensor) one diamond every 15-30 mins (depends on the weather) but it took me easily 60-70 diamond to get to this point, but i digress, the point is it will remain the same, the people who are the top miners will remain the top miners BECAUSE they WANT to put the time and effort in.

as far as server setup goes its actually quite streamlined, the technic site has a download for a fully set up bukkit server running all the mods and after you dl that you can modify it just like any other server, easily just dragging over all your permission files (yes i understand you might have to modify said permission files and at the moment tekkit runs on an older version of minecraft so no jungles or kitties Sad

also digger i highly suggest you stop by my server and see what the 4 of us have done it might be a little laggy for you but you can take a look

and for any of you who are interested the same goes might be laggy but any unifix member is welcome to join just no spawning explosives and nuking the countryside. If you find the connection speed is good enough for you we welcome you to hang around if you like but build legit

the server ip is

theCROWcook

Back to top Go down

Post  AStrongerFellow Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Is this tekkit server up 24/7 ?

AStrongerFellow

Back to top Go down

tekkit for the server Empty I'm working hard on the server atm

Post  Superiordigger Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Alright guys, listen. I understand that you might be done with the server and enjoy wtf_hansons more, but I've been working hard on it regardless. Recently I got the arena functional and just messaged 60 more people from xenonia. hopefully this will get more applications for the server. I am trying my best to get everything rolling, its such a shame to see you all leave for tekkit. I've been thinking about it allot and unfortunately I just dont think its possible. not only will most of the plugins crash, the current eco-system will be ruined as well. I did enjoy the improvements and technology included, but it just wont work out. I hope you all forgive me and find enough entertainment in vanilla minecraft with bukkit plugins. I'll try my best to keep everything new and interesting, but please don't give up on the server just yet, I promise it will get better.
Superiordigger
Superiordigger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AStrongerFellow Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Digger, it isn't you, to be honest, another factor is just that it's crunch time for school. I have 5 weeks to get my grades to where I want them, so I have to work really hard. But as I have said before, there are ways besides Tekkit to make servers unique and inviting.

AStrongerFellow

Back to top Go down

Post  Superiordigger Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 pm

stronger I wasnt pointing fingers at you, I was just speaking in general to anyone who felt this way. I know your trying hard to crunch time for school and the server and for that I thank you dearly. send me a personal message and we can talk about different ways to improve the server. I'll take your advice knowing you are experienced with this sort of thing, thanks for supporting the server so much stronger
Superiordigger
Superiordigger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AStrongerFellow Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 pm

No problem, but in addition I was kinda just speaking for a good majority of us. But yes, I will send you a pm when I have time.

AStrongerFellow

Back to top Go down

Post  theCROWcook Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Look Digger, Hanson's server is, at best, laggy as Unifix on a bad day, but Im playing on it because Im leaving for american in a week and my friends and I are doing this as our one last thing. your server is far better suited in the terms of bandwith. Hanson and I arent trying to push your server out of exsistance, I just put it up here so people could stop by and see a little of what it was like, Im sorry if you felt like we were trying to steal your thunder. the reality is Ive only seen 2 people from your server on there.

Now you keep talking generally about "how things wont work." What things? How arent they working? If this is a matter of "hey guys as the server owner and manager I dont want to install this mod," thats fine it is, afterall, YOUR server, but if the case is "I really like this but I want to put in these plugins in this way and I just cant get it to work," then let us know Im sure you are not the only one with expierence managing a server, Im sure many people on here have set one up on their own computer and played with it. Let us know what plugins you want to use and the community will, most likely, be glad to help you solve these problems or at least suggest a reasonable compromise or replacement.

As for the eco-system, this could infer two things, first you could be referring to economy and secondly you could be referring to the impact or quarries on the landscape, I will address one at a time.

First for the economy yes it will turn things upside down for your typical I-conomy plugin (personally was never much of a fan of that), but it will put in place a much better economy system that isnt driven by set numbers, some people might get everything they need by trading rubber to the ones who love building machines, and for the builders they can trade the upgraded tools, weapons, and armor, along with the batteries for recharging those things. It stops being "hey i need a diamond pickaxe" "i have one it will cost you 3 diamond" and becomes a real supply and demand economy with people wanting to go down different lines and needing different things.

Next the quarries, yes they can be giant gaping 62x62 holes in the ground but you can put rules in to prevent this and the people of the server seem to be good on not destroying stuff. Ive tried a giant quarry from surface to bedrock....its not working out too well takes too damn long for not enough reward. what me and my friend are doing is this: we build a large structure to house a 9x9 quarry in, in this structure we put in all the piping and factory stuff we need to run it and supply energy down into the ground. After the 9x9 is done we set up a substation at around lvl 30 and start the huge quarries there. It looks much cooler and intense and provides greater reward for the extra effort.

One thing I really like about the tekkit mod is the ability to put in the effort and change things into things that are more useful. For example, I love the ponies on your server and would like to build my own......but how in hell am i gonna be able to build with say, lets pick a colored block completely at random here, DIAMOND BLOCKS, they look great on rainbow dash but unless a person is lucky enough to get moderator status that person could never build something like that, and at this point they realize that is MUST be spawned items from creative....and it looses its impressiveness. Like zeropunctuation said in his review of minecraft, "Its not the fact that you built a giant, 80 foot tall Cock'n'Balls, its the continent you had to turn over to build that giant, 80 foot tall Cock'n'Balls."

Lastly i want to say, dont be afraid to ask the community for help, just as a singer is putting on a show for the fans, you are putting a server out there for the players, and, if they have to, they will either help you create what they want to play in, or the will find somewhere else to play.

theCROWcook

Back to top Go down

Post  Superiordigger Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:09 am

well I never meant to cause any confusion, but what I meant by eco-system is what is built and how basically. I will admit I was not a huge fan of it after my own personal trial and error, and yes there are many ways to still keep the server entertaining without tekkit. I will always take recommendations from others, its just when people keep expecting more and more is when I start to go against their ideas. thanks for clearing things up a bit crow, I was worried that you guys left.
Superiordigger
Superiordigger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down