Protecting The Server

Go down

Protecting The Server

Post  treyman3 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Like you said in the News section, i was wondering what you use for protection anyway, because for one, i can break into the spawn room for new people... I can also break into a room that extends off of that, with lapis and gold blocks... So, as it is, its not very protected if i can break into them. Lawl

treyman3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Protecting The Server

Post  Superiordigger on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:26 am

That's not the problem, the problem is dealing with these unbannable/unkickable/power removing hackers. but you make a good point

I'm the administrator, I worked hard so you don't have to!  Cool

Superiordigger
Admin

View user profile http://unifix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  treyman3 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm

How do they take that power away? Cant you get into the Config and add their names to the Ban folder? or is it more complicated than that? Or MCBans...

treyman3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Superiordigger on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:51 am

Much more complicated, they use a proxy server to avoid having both a true username and IP address, so there is no true way to ban them. the only protection is through external server hosts that have anti-proxy and DDoS hacks, which I am currently debating. I am not sure if I should invest in an outside server host, it is quite allot of money I dont have Sad .

I'm the administrator, I worked hard so you don't have to!  Cool

Superiordigger
Admin

View user profile http://unifix.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  treyman3 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Well, damn that sucks...

treyman3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snacky on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Superiordigger wrote:Much more complicated, they use a proxy server to avoid having both a true username and IP address, so there is no true way to ban them. the only protection is through external server hosts that have anti-proxy and DDoS hacks, which I am currently debating. I am not sure if I should invest in an outside server host, it is quite allot of money I dont have Sad .

Set up a paypal. I'd donate what I could.

EDIT: Also, I know some servers offer donation benefits, maybe we could set something like a donation kit with diamonds/units?

Hi. I'm Snacky, your friendly neighborhood Spiderman admin. I'm not one of those loose-cannon admins who play by their own rules. I swore an oath to uphold the law on Unifix, and by the Flying Spaghetti Monster that's just what I'll do. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not one of those self-righteous pricks that hand out bans like flapjacks at IHOP on Free Pancake Day, but I will take the appropriate measures to discipline trouble-makers that try to stir up trouble in my beloved corps server.

I'm a pretty nice guy though. If you have a problem with griefers or thieves, let me know via help ticket and I'll do everything in my power to aid you. I am honor-bound to keep this server safe and fun, and that's what I intend to do. I hope to see you around Unifix soon.
Snacky
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down